Find a detailed list of survival supplies and much more in our Free ebook ….Download it in seconds for free. Enter your name and best email so we can send it to you now!
Because of the volatility in our modern day world it is vital that you have survival supplies ready in your home at all times that could sustain you and your family during such a catastrophe.
These types of emergencies will most likely strike without warning, so it is important that you take certain survival preparedness steps, so that you will be ready at all times if catastrophe strikes.
Here is a brief list of supplies that you should keep stocked at all times.
- Water: This is the most essential item for human survival; it is recommended that you store a minimum one gallon of water, per person, per day, a minimum two week supply.
- Food: The other basic necessity for survival; make sure you have enough non-perishable food to last your entire household at least two weeks, though more is highly recommended.
- Battery-powered or hand crank emergency radio:In a catastrophic situation, it is likely most forms of communication including television will be down. Most people would not think of a wireless radio as a significant emergency supply, but this outdated technology will be the most likely to still work in a catastrophe, and will be the main way to find out any important news and/or government announcements.
- Flashlights, lanterns, and extra batteries: in an emergency, it is likely there may be an extended period where electricity is not available. Flashlights will then become vital for seeing and surviving at night.
- Dust/ Gas masks, and plastic sheeting:In a warfare situation, there may not be a whole lot you can do to protect yourself, but it is best to have basic supplies to help you survive. Some sort of mask/ ventilator can help you breath, and plastic sheeting can be placed over any damaged parts of your house to try and keep contaminants out.
- An extensive first aid kit:In an emergency, it is likely that you or a loved one will become injured. A first aid kit could mean the difference between living and dying in a catastrophe.
The general rule for survival supplies is you want to have enough basic essentials to last everyone in your household a minimum of two weeks; however, it is recommended to keep enough supplies to last several months. The reason for this is that in catastrophic conditions, stores may not be open, and/or you may not be able to leave your house for weeks. Being well prepared in advance could be vital to your survival. These are the basic supplies that are imperative to keep in your home in case of an emergency. Gathering these supplies and being prepared now, could be the difference between you and your family dying or surviving.
John David Keys – Founder of Survival Companion